Jasmine Aurora
Jasmine Aurora
Wednesday, April 30, 2003
Uncle Adam is very cuddly to sleep on I've discovered. In the early evenings I seem to get a bit grumbly, but a few days ago Uncle Adam came over and cuddled me and it was so nice. I slept peacefully against his tummy. There was even enough room for Oskar to cuddle up to him as well.

I had my first outing to a supermarket on Monday. I went with Mum, Granny and Oskar, and found it all fascinating. I looked at the bright lights and the movement and colour. And there was a lot to listen to as well. I was very tired after that though.

Oskar is very sweet to me. He keeps coming over and stroking my cheek and laying his cheek against mine. Just occasionally though, when I'm having a feed, he decides he needs to jump up and down on the couch, or to climb up onto Mum's lap as well. Or to lie on his back and kick his legs really close to my head. That's when Mum and I have to get up and move. It's just easier that way.

Friday, April 25, 2003
I've had trouble getting to sleep over the last couple of days. M & D have taken turns to cuddle and pat me until I fall asleep, but then I've kept waking up anyway. Today has been better though. I've had each nap in my hammock, which is more comfy since they fiddled with it and made it flatter. I was a bit too curled up in it I think. But they've also left me to get to sleep myself. I've had a few little cries when falling to sleep, but then I've slept really well and for a long time each nap. Maybe M & D were keeping me awake by jiggling me around too much.

I haven't seen a lot of Oskar today. He was asleep when I was awake, and I was asleep when he was up. Then he went off with Aunty Jo for a sleep over. Although he did accidentally kick me in the face when I was having a feed this arvo. I presume it was accidental. But I didn't cry - I was hungry and went on with the job.

Tuesday, April 22, 2003
I had my first outing since coming home from hospital yesterday. Mum, Dad, Oskar and I went to a park together in the morning - Hays Paddock. My pram was very comfy and I happily snoozed in it most of the time.

We also went out in the afternoon, to my Grandparents house where we met the rest of my extended family. Everyone drank some champagne and toasted to my arrival. I just burped and cuddled Mummy. I spent quite a bit of time on Ros' lap looking at her dangly earrings; they kept catching the light and flashing at me. I did stay awake too long though and got horribly tired. Then I struggled to get to sleep at all and cried a lot once we got home. I was so tired. I needed Mum and Dad to cuddle me to sleep and then I kept waking anyway. I woke every three hours overnight for a drink. That made me feel better.

A nurse came to see me today. I had to get undressed so she could weigh me, but that wasn't too bad. I've put on 310 grams in one week, which apparently is quite a lot. The nurse said an average amount per week for my age is 150 grams, so I'm growing quickly. Maybe I put half of that weight on last night since I drank so much. I've slept much more easily today thankfully.

Saturday, April 19, 2003
I'm trying to get used to the whole sleep/feed/wake timetable. A few days ago I just wanted to sleep all the time. But after staying awake for two hours one night, Mummy has been making me stay awake a bit longer during the day. Mostly I sleep for 5 or so hours overnight and then for 4 hours, although one night I woke every 3 1/2 hours, which was a bit tiresome because I struggled to get back to sleep. My bed is a hammock, which is really very cosy. It wobbles and bounces so Mum and Dad can jostle it when I get a bit grumbly. I like to be rocked and patted and I like to be wrapped up in a cosy bunnyrug.

I've spent a bit of time lying under a dangling plaything. Occasionally I knock one of the dangly bits with my hand which is satisfying. Oskar talked to me a bit today. He stroked my face this morning to wake me up, which was a huge improvement to being kicked. I think he's very sweet.

Wednesday, April 16, 2003
I was woken from a peaceful snooze in M & D's bed this morning by a flying roundhouse kick from my brother. Ooh golly, is this what I'm in for?

Tuesday, April 15, 2003
I came home from hospital today. I didn't notice too much about the trip home because I've been pretty sleepy and dozed off in the car. I've spent most of the last 3 1/2 days sleeping actually. Even when I'm having a drink I'm half asleep. The only times I've woken properly and felt a bit indignant was when the nurses stripped me and put me on the scales, and when they squeezed my foot and gave me an injection.

Since being home I've had a good, long sleep in my hammock, had a snuggle with my Daddy in his bed, and had my big brother, Oskar, stick furry toys in my face. It's been very nice.

Sunday, April 13, 2003
Thank you for all the kind wishes from everyone. Mum and I are very well. My brother and Daddy are a bit sick so please send them some thoughts too.

I met my brother yesterday. I was pretty tired and he kept saying "Jasmine wake" so I'm looking forward to waking and playing with him at home in the next few days...I love you big brother.

Saturday, April 12, 2003
I wonder what your name is, I wonder if you know. My name is ....

Jasmine Aurora Hosken

I was born 3 hours ago.